Thursday, June 16, 2011

Summer Besties!

I know this is a tag going around YouTube, but I wanted to post this because I think it would be really helpful for some people who are packing their luggage and travel cases for vacations. I will list some dupes, so let's get started!

1) Lip product: My favorite lip product for the summer would probably be a lip stain. It won't be too creamy and get greasy and yucky under the sun, so a lip stain would be perfect. I suggest Benefit's PosieTint Cheek & Lip Stain. A great dupe would be Etude House Fresh Cherry Tint in 02 Pink It's about $5, a little hard to get your hands on, but much cheaper than PosieTint altogether.
2) Blush: My favorite blush in the summer would be the Tarte Cheek Stain. It is sort of a water-based gel stick thing, if that made any sense. But it is really good for your lips, too, if you don't want to double up. A great dupe would be Prestige Perfectly Fresh Cheek Tint for about 8 or 9 dollars.
3) Nail Polish: This one is sooooo hard!!!! I like choosing nail polishes that would make me look tanner in the summer, so a nice coral or a neon color would be great. I suggest China Glaze In the Limelight or any other neon green color.
4) Liquid face product: If you were to go for a liquid face product in the summer, I would choose tinted moisturizer just like everyone else who did this tag. I like the CoverGirl AquaSmoothers Tinted Moisturizer. It is definitely the best tinted moisturizer I have ever tried! I know a lot of people recommend the Laura Mercier one, but I have never tried it, and I don't intend on it for $45.
5) Powder face product: I think that if you were to wear a tinted moisturizer or other liquid afce product, you should definitely set it with something. In my opinion, that would be pressed powder. I suggest the Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed Powder ($6) or the Almay Line Smoothing Pressed Powder ($5)
6) Hair product: I don't really tend to use any actual hair products (other than my shampoo and conditioner, of course) in the summer. Maybe if anything I would choose dry shampoo? The Oscar Blandi one is good ($20), and so is the TreSemme dry shampoo ($7).
7) Eye product: I would probably say brown waterproof mascara to show a more natural look, because that seems like what everyone wants to look like in the summer. Right now I am using the Maybelline Pulse Perfection Mascara in waterproof ($9), and I am not too crazy about it. I mean, I like it, sorta, but I think I would rather my CoveGirl LashBlast Waterproof Mascara. ($7)
8) Self Tanner (or any tanning item): I am not too crazy about any self tanners right now, because they always streak on me, no matter what product I use. I think it just may be the way my skin reacts to it, but I am not a self tanner person. If I were to choose one, I would choose the L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Gel ($7).
9) Fashion accessory: Bug-eyed sunglasses! Of course!!!!
10) Clothing piece: I think that linen pants would probably be my favorite clothing piece for summer. I like the way I can't get hot in them, and they still can look cute, because puttting in a crazy amount of effort into looks is not my deal in summertime.

So, these are all of my summer besties, and I guess I tag all of you to do this as well! I really do hope this helped some people, because I don't mean to be obnoxious with the tags. The last tag I did was fun, but this one was purely just that I wanted to help anyone if they were undecided about summertime products. Alright! So, see you tomorrow (Notice, I have posted every day this week, and I am very happy with mysefl!!)!

No comments: