Hi, everyone! I hope all is well. I'm sorry I haven't been posting lately. I broke my laptop screen, so right now I am writing this post from the library. I felt like I had to put something up, and I saw this tag on my blog roll, and decided to tag myself haha! Now that I think of it, I probably should be doing some more back to school posts. But hey, not everyone is going back to school! So, anyways, here are some products that I regret buying and why!
1. Maybelline Pulse Perfection Mascara ($12, drugstores): I was so excited to try this product after seeing commercials for it, A vibrating mascara! How cool! Of course I hadn't heard of the Lancome Oscillation mascara at that point, so this was futuristic beauty to me. I waited until CVS had a big 75% sale, and snagged this mascara for $2! I brought it home, and tried the mascara. Without the vibration, the mascara delivers okay results. However, with the vibration, my lashes look clumpy and spidery. I mean, that's cool if I'm looking for spidery lashes, but for everyday, that's not me. Plus, the formula of this mascara is extremely wet, I can't ever picture it starting to dry up!
2. Physician's Formula 100% Natural Origin Loose Powder ($10, drugstores): This powder delivers a powdery finish, not a natural one. You can actually see that there is powder on your face, and that freaks me out. Not to mention, loose powders are messy, and I can't handle that! I actually hate this product!
3. Revlon ColorStay Foundation: ($8, drugstores): I'm actually really upset I didn't like this product because I know so many other people who love it. I actually tried hard to like it, but in the end it wasn't right for me. This foundation seemed to dry my skin out, even though I got the one for Normal/Dry skin (which I have!). It provided good coverage, but then dried my skin out, and I couldn't take it! I don't like this product.
4. Maybelline SuperStay 24-Hour Concealer ($4, drugstores): First of all, I chose a shade too light for my skin, so that turned me off. Secondly, this concealer settled into the little lines under my eyes, and gave off a weird, powdery finish. One thing about this concealer, though is that it did stay for a very long time. I don't know if 24 hours, because I don't wear makeup that long, but it certainly stayed on throughout a whole day with no touch ups.
5. Sally Hansen Amethyst Eye Palette ($6, drugstores): I would like to start off by saying that the pigmentation is amazing, especially for a drugstore product. But, I have to say that I don't find that the colors blend well. I've tried to make an eye look from this palette, but I can't because they don't blend into each other as I would like them to. Additionally, I think I've worn this once, and only used one color in it. I will not repurchase this.
Alright, so there are a few products that I regret purchasing. I hope you enjoyed this post. Please leave post suggestions in the comments, because I will do every one suggested! Have a lovely day, XOXO