Monday, August 8, 2011

Back To School: Fall 2011 Nail Polish Trends!

Hi, everyone! Today I am going to start off my back to school series with a few nail trends I thought you would love. If you are a nail polish addict like me, then you will find this extremely interesting! If not...well, sorry! But I have a few trends to show you, let's get started!


Accent nails have been huge lately, and I anticipate that they are going to continue to be huge throughout the fall and winter. There are many ways to pull off an accent nail. One way is to paint all of your nails the same color, except for the ring finger. Then paint the ring finger a glitter or shimmer polish in the same color family. A different way to pull off an accent nail (not pictured) is to paint your nails all the same color except the ring finger again, and paint the ring finger a the same color either a shade darker or lighter.



Nudes have always been a trend for fall and back to school. Nudes actually elongate the finger, making your nails seem longer. So, if you want longer looking nails, I would suggest to start with nudes. Try: OPI San Tan-Tonio, $8 ULTA; Essie Cafe Forgot, $8 ULTA; Rimmel London Hot Cocoa, $3.99 Drugstore.com


Berries are always pretty during the fall and back to school. I don't know about you, but darker nails always make me feel more sophisticated :) Try: Cult Nails Iconic, $10 CultNails.com; Rescue Beauty Bruised, $18 RescueBeauty.com; Revlon Cherries in the Snow, $4.80 drugstores.


So there are all of the trends of nail polishes for back to school and fall. I hope you enjoyed this post. Do you have any other trends you've been noticing on the runways and such? Leave those along with any suggestions for my back to school series in the comments!

No comments: